Here at In The Mixx Marketing, we know just how much work is involved in getting a small business off the ground. From the initial set up, to growing your brand and business, being a small business owner means wearing multiple hats every day.
Grow your business with the help of a business consultant or coach
If you want to give your business an extra kick start in 2019, then with the help of a business coach, marketing consultant, solicitor or other qualified professional, you could give your business the boost it needs to grow and prosper. So let’s take a look at exactly what the small business entrepreneur grant from the Queensland State Government means for you and your business.
Funding of up to $5,000
Your business may be eligible for matched funding of up to $5,000 (excluding GST) for your business to participate in training, or engage a consultant, advisor, or business coach for up to 3 months, to help establish or develop your business. The minimum grant funding is $1,000.
What could I use the grant funding for?
There are a number of areas across your business that you could utilise the grant funding for. Some potential uses include:
- creating an overall business strategy
- financial or accounting advice, including business or company set up
- advice regarding contracts, trademarks or other legal
- developing a branding strategy, market research, or a social media or digital strategy
Is my business eligible?
There are a few requirements that your business must tick off before you can apply, which are mentioned below. You must also provide a clear outline of how the advice or assistance will support the development of your business. This may include providing details of how the training, advice or services will build your skills and abilities as a business owner, and the potential outcomes for the business.
There are a few requirements that your business must tick off before you apply:
- Your business name has been registered in the last 4 years
- Your business has fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- Your business has an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Your business has its’ main office in Queensland
- Your business has not be insolvent or the owners/directors are not undischarged bankrupt.
Your business can use the Queensland Government small business entrepreneur grant for:
- business and strategic planning
- professional business advice (information technology (IT), legal or financial)
- marketing strategy development (branding strategies, social media/digital strategies, market research).
Your application will be assessed on the following criteria:
- the extent to which the services will support the establishment and development of the business
- the extent to which the services will enhance the owner’s skills and abilities
- potential business improvements
- the potential and likelihood the activity will deliver jobs growth
- value for money.
So if you’d like to take advantage of this opportunity to apply for funding to improve the growth and development of your business, then head over and submit an application for the small business entrepreneur grant.
Want help with your application?
If you have any questions, or would like some assistance in putting an application together, please get in touch with the team. Don’t forget that applications close at 5pm Thursday 13th December 2018.